IntroductionThe course typically covers a range of topics, including:
- Introduction to discrimination: This involves an overview of what discrimination is, the different types of discrimination, and why it is important to manage it in the workplace.
- Legal and regulatory framework: This covers the legal and regulatory framework governing workplace discrimination, including the laws and regulations that protect against discrimination and harassment.
- Identifying discrimination: This involves understanding the signs and symptoms of discrimination, including unconscious bias and microaggressions, and how to recognize them in the workplace.
- Preventing and addressing discrimination: This covers strategies for preventing and addressing discrimination in the workplace, including policies and procedures, training and education, and reporting and investigation procedures.
- Supporting employees who experience discrimination: This involves understanding the impact of discrimination on employees, and how to provide support and resources to employees who experience discrimination or harassment in the workplace.
- Creating an inclusive workplace culture: This covers the importance of creating an inclusive workplace culture, where diversity is valued and employees feel respected and included.